Tips for Surviving a Holiday Weekend
The first holiday weekend is here! Memorial Day is a day for honoring our vets, for their hard work and sacrifices! We Thank You! On the other had Memorial Day is the first long weekend for many, college students are already out, teachers are counting down until vacation begins so this the preview to summer time fun. I want everyone to turn up or turn down whichever you prefer but safely! I wanted to include something for everyone this Friday, whether traveling or not! Feeling Frisky? I have something for you too click below 🙂
Feeling Frisky Over the Holiday Weekend -XXX
Here are some tips to keep you safe
- Keep an emergency stash separate for cab fare
- Share your location, turn your GPS on
- Make sure your phone is charged or have access to wifi
- Send your friend their Name, Hotel Name and Room Number
Having an overnight guest? Let the front desk know
- Arrange for the front desk to call you to check in. This also works as a good way to kick someone out 🙂
- Travel with your own condoms
- Ask to see ID – yes I’m serious! I have heard some insane one-night stand stories
- Watch your partner put a condom on
Hitting the Road?
- Expect Traffic
- Pack Extra Snacks
- Fill up when you’re on 1/2 tank!
- Use apps like Waze to find alternative route options
Hitting the sky
- Expect longer wait times
- Check In Online
- Take picture of your checked bag
- Traffic will be an issue so leave earlier
Most importantly Have Fun and always give thanks. What are you doing this weekend let me know below? Having a BBQ can I crash?
Just Have Fun! …. but Safely
- Be Patient everyone just want to have a good time
- Everyone just wants to have a good time, it’s a holiday weekend will you encounter people that will try you? Well of course but shrug that off.
- Watch Your Drinks
- Predator exists and sometimes people think their “helping” loosen up by slipping some loose juice into your drink. Prevent it all by watching your drink.
- Take small bills to help with bargaining and tipping
Last year I spent Memorial Day in Haiti! My friend and I booked the trip just days before. I know a lot of people are still thinking about flying out. Well everyone fled to Jamacia, Cancun, D.R. and Miami! So think bigger especially because Norweign has $82 flight to Scotland.
So get creative! Use sites like Booking.com and Airbnb ( new Airbnb users can get $40 off their first booking)
Not Traveling This Memorial Weekend?
Neither am I? Instead, I will plan my next trip, look out for deals which always pop up around now when everyone’s pockets are recovering from the holiday
- Stay close to sites like The Flight Deal so you don’t miss out on deals.
- Visit family or friends
- Go to a BBQ
- Check sites like Thrillist for free events
- Revamp your bucket list
June 27, 2017
June 13, 2017
May 12, 2017